8 Reasons Why Modine Is the Trusted Source for Greenhouse Heaters
The global greenhouse horticulture market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10% from 2021 to 2028. By the end of that period, the market is projected to reach a valuation of over $66,000 million. Greenhouses are not subject to the same challenging conditions as field-grown produce. These structures shield plants from erratic weather patterns, provide stable temperatures, and protect them from external hazards like bugs and blight when well-maintained.
As the agricultural industry continues to experience price fluctuations and competition from global imports, greenhouses offer a haven to grow food and flowers. Yet, greenhouse production can falter without the right technology to preserve the indoor growing environment.
Modine’s Greenhouse Legacy
Nearly 70 years ago, Modine recognized a valuable niche in a greenhouse market that continues to grow. We have nurtured our greenhouse heater offerings as if they were seedlings themselves, and it’s a niche in which we continue to expand. With much of the U.S. facing extreme winter weather, including ice storms, blizzards, and bitter cold, growers can’t ignore the need for reliable heat.
Our greenhouse heaters have been the go-to unit of choice for growers since 1950. Here’s why a Modine heater is a smart investment.
- Proximity. Wisconsin and Michigan are home to dozens of growers. Many of the top commercial greenhouse growers by total acreage house operations in and around the Midwest. Modine’s location in Racine puts us squarely at ground zero for greenhouses in the U.S.
- Longevity. Modine entered the greenhouse unit heater market in 1950 and has been bringing the heat for over 70 years. That reputation builds on itself, as generation after generation of greenhouse growers are familiar with our greenhouse unit heaters, such as the Effinity product line.
- Quality. Our unit heaters stand up to the corrosive humidity and moisture of greenhouses. We use AL29-4® stainless steel to construct our Effinity line, as it’s a corrosion-resistant option for preventing deterioration of unit heater components.
- Efficiency. Our greenhouse unit heaters operate at a minimum of 82 percent efficiency. Our Effinity line has efficiencies as high as 97 percent, making it the most efficient unit heater in North America. Plus, we engineered our unit heaters to reduce carbon emissions by up to 15,000 pounds annually.
- Reputation. Some growers have units that have lasted 25 years or more, far beyond the 10-year warranty available on many of our greenhouse heaters. Growers associate the brand with quality and durability, so they return to the trusted source when they need service or to replace their unit heater.
- Versatility. We can provide a range of unit heaters and types for different growing operations. Our unit heaters can heat a small mom-and-pop operation and a vast multi-acre greenhouse with multiple units. Our Effinity product line has 10 model options to suit all different size greenhouses and use cases. Multiple greenhouse heating units can be configured to provide the ideal growing environment regardless of your operation size and breadth.
- Choice. We tailor our greenhouse heaters to the needs of growers. Our lineup includes a low-profile stainless steel power vented heater (PTP/BTP); the Effinity (PTC/BTC) unit, which is the most efficient gas-fired condensing unit heater in North America; a vertical power vented heater (PDP/BDP); and a separated combustion heater (PTX/BTX).
- Ease of Use. Our greenhouse unit heaters are inexpensive to install and easy to maintain, thanks to our tradition of prioritizing customers’ needs. In addition, our Modine Authorized Contractor Program continues to build a network of HVAC specialists with technical expertise in our products. By searching our database, customers can locate specialists to answer any questions and facilitate the easy installation of greenhouse heaters.
Find a Modine Greenhouse Heater
As mentioned above, Modine offers multiple high efficiency options greenhouse heaters designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA. Which you choose depends on your operations’ unique requirements.
Our Effinity (PTC/BTC) stands out as North America‘s most efficient gas-fired condensing unit heater. We utilized our heat exchanger technology with our tubular heat exchanger design to lead the industry in thermal efficiency. It comes with mold prevention technology and capabilities for wall-to-wall temperature uniformity. For plants sensitive to temperature fluctuations, Effinity comes out on top.
The separated combustion (PTX/BTX) gas-fired unit heaters are an excellent fit for hostile atmospheric conditions, such as the high humidity necessary to grow certain greenhouse crops. Each unit pulls combustion air from the outdoor environment or an adjacent room to eliminate contaminated indoor air from the mix.
Our low-profile horizontal power vented (PTP/BTP) comes in a horizontal configuration perfect for small businesses, like the local garden store with a handful of greenhouses. The blower model (BTP) allows customers to add ductwork to better direct airflow and distribute heat.
Consider our power vertical vented gas-fired unit heaters (PDP) that maintain up to 83 percent efficiency and a vertical design, ideal for buildings with high ceilings, such as more extensive greenhouse operations. All PDP units can be converted from natural gas to propane if needed. Our engineers designed this model to utilize the smallest diameter vent pipe possible.
Contact us to learn more about our greenhouse heating solutions. Our HVAC specialists can identify the ideal greenhouse heater for your operations so you can spend time focused on growth and yields.