Reliability and reputation keys to 70 years of greenhouse growth
Modine helps beauty bloom even in the coldest of winters.
Our greenhouse heaters have been the go-to unit of choice for growers since 1950. Why? Let us count the ways:
- Proximity. Wisconsin and Michigan are home to dozens of growers. Modine’s location in Racine puts us squarely in ground zero for greenhouses in the U.S.
- Longevity. Modine entered the greenhouse unit heater market in 1950, and has been bringing the heat for nearly 70 years. That reputation builds on itself, as generation after generation of greenhouse growers are familiar with our greenhouse unit heaters such as the Effinity.
- Quality. Our unit heaters stand up to the corrosive humidity and moisture of greenhouses.
- Efficiency. Our greenhouse unit heaters operate at a minimum of 82 percent efficiency. Our Effinity unit has efficiencies as high as 97 percent, the most efficient unit heater in North America.
- Reputation. Some growers have units that have lasted 25 years or more. They associate the brand with quality and durability, so they return to the trusted source.
- Versatility. We can provide a range of unit heaters and types for different growing operations. Our unit heaters can heat a small mom and pop operation as well as a vast multi-acre greenhouse that has multiple units.
- Choice. We tailor our greenhouse heaters to the needs of growers. Our lineup includes a low-profile stainless steel power vented heater (PTP); the Effinity (PTC/BTC) unit, which is the most efficient gas-fired condensing unit heater in North America; a vertical power vented heater (PDP/BDP); and a separated combustion heater.
- Ease of use. All of our greenhouse unit heaters are inexpensive to install and easy to maintain thanks to our tradition of strong customer support.
Nearly 70 years ago, Modine recognized a valuable niche in a greenhouse market that continues to grow. We have nurtured our greenhouse heater offerings as if they were seedlings themselves, and it’s a niche in which we continue to expand.